My Kay Whitt jacket is coming along quite nicely, although I have made a few errors which have needed correcting…anyway, here she is (with lots of pins)
My question to you is about the tabs. I have made them all with a centred (or almost centred) flower, but I am a tad concerned that it’s all a bit too much. My daughter thinks I should leave it as she thinks it is pretty, my partner said to try white tabs (the buttons are going to be blue), but he too likes it as is.
I tried them as a solid blue and they looked awful, overpowering and a bit cheap-looking… so what do you think, try the white?
So this morning I went to IKEA and drooled over all their lovely textiles, but I had to stay focussed 🙂
The fabric I have chosen for the Parisian Jacket by Kay Whitt is a heavy, fairly coarse-woven cotton with this lovely peasant floral design. I think that I will be using interfacing on this project as I would like the shape of the jacket to be retained. I also thought the repetition in the pattern would make pattern matching easier, I will be doing this for the first time as I want this jacket to be smick!
The fabric I have chosen for Thornberry’s Lekala sew-a-long is this stunning 360 count cotton sheeting also from IKEA. The colour just grabbed me and it is soft and drapey. I have a mind to make a wide belt for the jacket in the same fabric, I think it will look just gorgeous over a pair of stark white cotton jeans.
On another tack, I have been trying to reread Elizabeth Jane Howard’s Something in Disguise. Unfortunately I just can’t get into it and as it is a very old book, it will be going to the book table charity collection at my local hospital.